Saturn Sky Red Line GMPP Cold Air Intake Question 2011


Im gonna take it to the Saturn place here in town to get the official word, but I had always heard to unhook the battery on a car or truck when putting a cold air intake on to let the computer re calibrate for the new amount of air being pulled in. Any suggestions? But, with around 80 miles or so on the car, the check engine light came on and when I called Onstar it flagged the code as something to do with the air intake feeding the turbo.

With about 20 miles on the car from highway driving it smoked a little bit, which im thinking is just the burn off from one the car being brand new and also the catback exhaust being brand new as well. I bought a brand new 2011 Saturn Sky Red Line for my fiance, and at the dealership I had the cold air intake, catback exhaust and some other GM performance division parts put on it.